Monday, January 19, 2015

Stitch Fix #5 Review


My on again off again relationship with the subscription box, Stitch Fix, is back to being on the fritz. 



 If you didn't get a chance to read my last review, here’s a recap:

The first fix lead me on- there were a couple cute items and then a few that made me raise an eyebrow, however the company suggests waiting until the third box, when the stylist takes your feedback and really gets to know more of your style. I was highly disappointed when the third box came and appeared to be the worst one yet. So our relationship went on hiatus until I began beauty blogging and thought it was time to give this another try.  My fourth box ( the one prior to this one) was fabulous-  I kept every single item and began advocating  for the company.


That’s when I put my money where my mouth was and signed up for box #5.




The more information and feedback such as noting what you are looking for, sharing your Pinterest board to show your personal style and completing all the questions on the profile – should result in a satisfied fix. After taking all these steps and already having provided feedback from previous fixes….this should have been a piece of cake. However, when my box arrived with an item I specifically asked NOT to receive, I knew all of this content I had taken the time to provide went out the window

Let’s start with the item I asked to NOT see in my box: Jewelry/ Accessories

My ask was to specifically not to receive any accessories or jewelry since I had recently indulged in overflowing my jewelry collection.  Image my disappointment when I opened the box and saw this. Although the cuff is cute, it is also priced at $34 when I could find this for probably around $5 elsewhere. 





The next item I pulled out was the one I decided to keep. Skinny black jeans – they fit nicely since they stretch so I have to give props for the stylist to including a staple item that had some wiggle room- literally. However, at the price of $88 I likely would have not purchased these if I had found something else in the box I enjoyed. I always try to purchase one thing since I’ve already put $20 towards in with the styling fee. I could live with spending $68 and cut my losses.






The navy blue knit top wasn’t too bad but the cut out back was a little awkward. I choose to return this since I wasn't in love with the $48 top I already had a similar one to, which I liked better and only paid about $10 for at a consignment store.











Another interesting selection from my stylist – and by interesting I mean- what the hell happened… was the short sleeved stripped jersey material tee shirt I pulled out.  One again my feedback and requests were to include winter clothes, so a short sleeved thin top wasn’t exactly what I had in mind. On top of  that, this thing is just downright ugly. The shirt actually looks better in the image I’ve uploaded from the card. I didn’t have enough time to take one of the actual tee because Stitch Fix only gives you three days to hurry up and get your things back in the mail before you are charged for all of them- and believe me I wanted to get these back into the mailbox.

Finally, I found a giant oversized sweater in the fix. This was an item I asked for but I wasn’t feeling the cut or colors. For $78 I wasn’t about to purchase something I didn’t feel strongly about, but at least it seemed like the stylist paid a little attention to my notes this time.








Overall I still suggest using the box however I would have to give this fix a 2.5 out of 5 rating. I’m not sure that I will personally try this again since I could have picked out all the items myself for less.

Have you tried Stitch Fix? What's in your box?


No comments:

Post a Comment